UKCA Chemistry and Aerosol Tutorials at vn10.4
UKCA Chemistry and Aerosol Tutorials at vn10.4 using Rose & Cylc
The following tutorials will teach you how to use various aspects of UKCA, and the parts of Rose (the Unified Model's python-based user interface) that are specific to UKCA.
General use of the Rose and UKCA:
- Running existing UKCA Suite
- Exploring Rose
- What is STASH?
- Adding new chemical tracers
- Adding new emissions
- Adding new chemical reactions
- Adding dry deposition of chemical species
- Adding wet deposition of chemical species
- Adding new UKCA chemical diagnostics
- Examining Aerosol Optical Depth changes
- Changing the aerosol configuration
- Diagnosing the radiative effect of aerosols
The slides from the Workshop run in January 2017 can be found here: UKCA Tutorial Slides (1-9)
This tutorial has been funded by the NERC Advanced Training: Short Courses award scheme and the ACITES Atmospheric Chemistry Modelling Network.
Written by Luke Abraham 2016