Welcome to the UKCA Wiki
UKCA is a joint NCAS-Met Office programme funded by NCAS, GMR and DEFRA. Project partners are the Hadley Centre and the Universities of Cambridge, Leeds and Oxford. Our objective is to develop, evaluate and make available a new UK community atmospheric chemistry-aerosol global model suitable for a range of topics in climate and environmental change research.
UKCA Training - January 2019
The NCAS Introduction to UKCA course will take place on the 8th-10th January 2019 in the Department of Chemistry at the University of Cambridge. For more information please see the January 2019 course website.
Composition-Climate Interaction Meeting
The Seventh Annual Composition-Climate Interaction meeting will take place on 20 - 21 March 2019 at the UK Met Office, Exeter, EX1 3PB. This year, the meeting is supported by the UK Met Office, with administrative support kindly provided by the National Centre for Atmospheric Science (NCAS).
The meeting aims to bring together UK scientists from universities, research centres and the Met Office working on all aspects of atmospheric composition and the interaction with climate and the Earth system, including atmospheric chemistry, aerosols and land surface interactions. The event will provide an opportunity to present and discuss the latest UK research on all aspects of atmospheric composition. Invited and open presentations will cover new science with the UKCA model, other chemistry-climate models, the UK’s Earth System Model and/or other Earth System Models. A poster session will allow further presentation and discussion on a wide range of research in this area.
There will be four oral sessions with the following themes:
- Atmospheric composition in the Earth System
- Atmosphere-biosphere interactions
- Regional-scale composition and interactions
- Model evaluation and observational constraints
Registration for this meeting and abstract submission will open soon; a further announcement will be made in the New Year.
- AerChemMIP: There will also be a side meeting on the morning of the 20 March 2019, before the start of the main meeting, dedicated to the organisation of the UK community simulations for the CMIP6 project AerChemMIP. Please note, due to limited space, this is an invitation only meeting.
Following the main composition-climate meeting, the new UKCA working groups will meet on the afternoon of 21 March. Further details will be announced in due course.
- UKCA Science
- Getting Started with UKCA
- UKCA Release Jobs
- GA7.1 StratTrop suites
- MONSooN IBM to Cray Transition
- Change namelists for Cray compiler
- Bugfixes (vn7x,Hector/Archer))
- Bugfixes (new approach)
- UKCA Evaluation Suite
- Subsections and owners
- Mailing Lists
- Tips and tricks
- Release notes
- Rose-UKCA suites
- UKCA timeline
- UKCA Training Overview
- UKCA Training January 2015
- UKCA Training January 2016
- UKCA Training January 2017
- UKCA Training January 2018
- UKCA Training January 2019
- UKCA Chemistry Tutorials at vn8.2
- UKCA Chemistry and Aerosol Tutorials at vn8.4
- UKCA Chemistry and Aerosol Tutorials at vn10.4
- UKCA Chemistry and Aerosol Tutorials at vn10.9
- UKCA management
- All Pages