- The UKCA documentation paper for vn8.2 of the MetUM
- The UKCA documentation paper for vn8.3 of the MetUM
- The UKCA documentation paper for vn8.4 of the MetUM
- The UKCA documentation paper for vn8.5 of the MetUM
- The UKCA documentation paper for vn8.6 of the MetUM
- The UKCA documentation paper for vn9.0 of the MetUM
- The main source of information about the Unified Model is provided by the NCAS Computational Modelling Services, University of Reading: Unified Model Information Service
- Note that most pages on this website require password access. Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- There is also a lot of information including UMDPs on the collaboration wiki (log in needed) http://collab.metoffice.gov.uk/twiki/bin/view/Support/UnifiedModelDocumentation
- Some general information about the Unified Model is available at the UK Met. Office website: Unified Model description from the UK Met. Office.
The UKCA component to the Unified Model comprises chemistry and aerosol modules. A brief description is available.
- May 2006. Report on progress in developing and evaluating UKCA (PDF)
- Power-Point presentation from the RMS Conference in 2005.
- 2007. Report on progress for 2006/7 (PDF)
- You can view the STASHMaster_A file for UKCA Section 34.
Further details of the UKCA components with reference to the UM User Interface (UMUI) will be made available upon release of the model.
The model can be run in nudged mode, where it is constrained using meteorological analyses, in order to reproduce the climatic conditions on a particular day (see Telford et al, 2008). A description of how to use the nudged model can be found here.