Minutes of the code management group meeting 14/02/2014
UKCA Code Management Meeting, 14 February 2014 (tele-conference).
Met Office: Nick Savage (NS), Mohit Dalvi (MD), Jane Mulcahy (JM), Fiona O'Connor (FC), Colin Johnson(CJ)
Leeds: Graham Mann (GM), Sandip Dhomse
Cambridge: Luke Abraham (LA)
Oxford: Zak Kipling (ZK)
Summary of action points arising in the meeting
- NS Carried forward from last meeting. Add information on bug fixes and enhancements lodged between 8.2 and 8.4
- FOC Carried forward from last meeting. Sensitivity test on importance of fixed CH4
- GM, Carried forward from last meeting. Add information on MODE bug fix branches to UKCA wiki bugfixes page.
- FOC Create bug fix branch for lodging at 9.1 including MGLY+OH reaction rate, humidity bug in ACTIVATE, sedimentation bug fix, H2O calculation when passed into ASAD, Fastj-X bug fix.
- NS In discussion with Fiona and Mohit, come up with a revised proposal on how to manage reporting, fixing and lodging of bug fixes.
- CJ and FOC circulate plots of radical concentrations in stratosphere showing odd banded structure, including version with different photolysis scheme options
- NS to add to this wiki a short explanation of the changes to activation of UKCA tracers at 9.0
- NS ensure all bug fixes at 9.0 are available at earlier UM versions where needed both for NCAS and Met Office.
- GM check 8.4 versus 7.3 GLOMAP-mode code
- LA prepare talk on philosophy of diagnostic code for meeting in Exeter on 2nd April
- NS book room for meeting on diagnostics 2nd April, (pending Luke advising of travel plans)
- CJ and GM discuss way forward on aerosol chemistry and how to handle inconsistencies between chemistry schemes
- JM keep up dialog on sedimentation between Leeds and Met Office.
- JM check up on status of checks for incorrect order of fields in 3D diagnostics and report any relevant UMUI switches to Oxford
- MD To ask Monsoon User Group for graphical browsers of disk usage on Monsoon
- NS Set up Doodle pool for late March for next CMG telecon