UKCA Chemistry and Aerosol Tutorials
UKCA Chemistry and Aerosol Tutorials for UM8.4
The following tutorials will teach you how to use various aspects of UKCA, and the parts of the UMUI (Unified Model User Interface) that are specific to UKCA.
General use of the UMUI and UKCA:
- Running existing UKCA Job
- Exploring the UMUI
- What is STASH?
- Adding new chemical tracers
- Adding new emissions
- Adding new chemical reactions
- Adding dry deposition of chemical species
- Adding wet deposition of chemical species
- Adding new UKCA chemical diagnostics
- Examining Aerosol Optical Depth changes
- Changing the aerosol configuration
- Diagnosing the radiative effect of aerosols
- Example Rose Suite at vn10.2
The slides from the face-to-face workshop run in March 2014 can be found here: UKCA Tutorial Slides
When you have completed these Tutorials please consider completing the User Feedback Survey.
These tutorials are an update and expansion of the UKCA & UMUI Tutorials which were at UM8.2. All the content is the same (although possibly in a slightly different order), but with additions for aerosol processes.
This tutorial has been funded by the ACITES Atmospheric Chemistry Modelling Network.
Written by Luke Abraham 2014