UKCA Chemistry and Aerosol Tutorials at vn10.9
UKCA Chemistry and Aerosol Tutorials at vn10.9 using Rose & Cylc
The following tutorials will teach you how to use various aspects of UKCA, and the parts of Rose (the Unified Model's python-based user interface) that are specific to UKCA.
General use of the Rose and UKCA:
- Running existing UKCA Suite
- Exploring Rose
- What is STASH?
- Adding new chemical tracers
- Adding new emissions
- Adding new chemical reactions
- Adding dry deposition of chemical species
- Adding wet deposition of chemical species
- Adding new UKCA chemical diagnostics
- Examining Aerosol Impacts
- Worked Example: Developing a change for submission to the trunk
When you have finished these tutorials you may want to look in detail at one of the available GA7.1 StratTrop suites.
- An example vn11.2 suite, configured for manual compile with a 1-day run can be found at
u-be079. Some output can be found in the
- Please make your required changes to run under suite conf Host Machine Archer
This tutorial has been funded by the NERC Advanced Training: Short Courses award scheme and the ACITES Atmospheric Chemistry Modelling Network.
Written by Luke Abraham 2018